Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Crocheted Water Bottle Sleeve


My resolution (for lack of a better term), was to take care of myself a little better this year.  One of the ways I'm doing that is by eliminating plastics from my kitchen.  I wanted to replace my plastic water tumbler with a glass one.  I found a lovely glass bottle with a bamboo cap at Target.  I had been hoping to find one with a silicone sleeve to protect it from getting knocked around, but you can't say no to clearance prices, so I decided to make a sleeve myself.  I crocheted this from some Premier wool-free sock yarn in color Rainforest.  There was no pattern, I just started hooking.  I purposely made it a little smaller than the bottle, so that it would fit tightly around it, like a sock.  The bottom is single crochet, and the sides are ribbed, alternating 2 double crochet, with 2 front post double crochet.  I love how the self striping yarn worked up, and getting to bust some stash.

No comments:

Post a Comment