Saturday, December 22, 2018

13th Doctor's New Year's Scarf

Like many Doctor Who fans, as soon as I saw the promo shots of 13th Doctor Jodie Whittaker in the upcoming New Year's special, I fell in love with her rainbow scarf.  Not long after the promo pictures were released, someone of course came up with a crochet pattern for one. 


I had many of the colors needed in Caron Simply Soft, so after a quick trip to pick up the rest, I sat down last weekend to make myself one!  The pattern was designed by Mel Harrison over at Mahogany Turtle and is free on her blog.   For a full list of every one of the 17 colors of yarn I used, check my Ravelry page.


It stitches up really fast, and is easy to adapt, based on what you have on hand.  I absolutely love how it came out, but of course, as soon as it was done, I became aware of a friend who has a greater need for a rainbow in their life right now, so I just packed it up and shipped it off to him.  It'll arrive a few days after Christmas, but he'll have it in time for New Year's, and hopefully it will keep him warm and protected during the cold winter months in NYC.   Josh has always been a bit of a Guardian Angel to his friends and family, stepping up whenever someone has needed help.  He's the ultimate Gryffindor, chivalrous and selfless in his efforts to help anyone who needs it, always ready with a kind word when you need it most.  I hope this little rainbow will keep him safe as he goes about changing the world for the better.  I guess I'll just have to make myself another one as soon as I get back from Christmas with my in-laws.



No comments:

Post a Comment