Wednesday, July 24, 2019

Bee Kind Tote

My wonderful Mother in Law hosted the annual family reunion while I was going to be at a jewelry making retreat.  Each year they hold a raffle, the proceeds of which go to funding the next reunion.  Since I knew I would be busy right before the event, but still wanted to contribute, I made up a few gift baskets for her of various local treats. 
One of the baskets was a farmer's market theme, which contained some granola, honey, olive oil, lavender lotion, a soy candle, soap, wool dryer balls, and a set of my crocheted dishcloths.  I lined the basket with tea towels from Target's dollar section, one of which had little bees on it, and another that said 'the Farmers Market is my happy place!'.  But no matter how I arranged all the bits and bobs in the basket, there was an annoying little gap in the back.  I decided I could fill it with a tote bag, for the recipient to use at their own market, or to take to the grocery store.  The bag was a pre-made canvas one already in my stash.  The cut files came from the Silhouette store online. And I was going to use some leftover gold glitter htv, until I found a sheet of flocked yellow vinyl that came with my Silhouette Cameo.  I was so excited to get to use it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment