Wednesday, July 24, 2019

Mini JoyfulClover Doll


I can finally share the doll I made of new Craftster friend [member]JoyfulClover[/member]! Mini-JoyClov (as I've decided a mini-her needs a mini-name) is about the size of an American Girl doll, and can wear 18” doll shoes. Made from the [url=https://www.paisleyroots.com/2016/12/pepper-doll-pattern.html]Paisley Roots Pepper Doll[/url] pattern.
She features vivid blue yarn hair, embroidered & drawn features, including little stars around her eyes inspired by the work of Humble Toys.

She has tattoos up both arms in Vulcan script, reading Live Long and Prosper, and Peace and Long Life.
The nipple tassels are entirely the fault of sheepBlue.  As I was making her, I was sharing pics with sheep, and showed her the embroidered nipples.  She commented that the doll could use nipple tassels.  Since I had some tiny jewelry tassels just sitting on my jewelry work area, I decided the idea was too funny not to go for it.  The nipples were sewn around jump rings, stitched along the top only, then the thread was wrapped along the bottom so the tassels can clip on with jewelry clasps. She has black to match her purple and black panties and blue to match her hair in case she decides to go commando.

Both her ‘skirt’ and ‘top’ are actually dresses that can be worn alone or together. The green one was made per the pattern instructions, but I found it a bit short for my liking, so I made the grey a bit longer. 



To give her some extra options, I made little tee shirts out of some of my own old shirts that were destined to become tee shirt yarn.  I cut so I could use the existing neckklines.



She has a crocheted Elise Shawl made from Lion Brand Shawl in a Ball in Feng Shui Grey.

JoyfulClover mentioned that she usually wears large statement necklaces, so I made one for Mini-JoyClov.  And then I decided they needed matching necklaces to really be twins, so I made a matching full size one for the real Joyful to wear.


The sunglasses came from the toddler section of Target.  I almost picked up a set of turquoise doll headphones from Walmart, but in the end I was afraid they'd either squash Mini-JC's face, or ruin her hair. 

No comments:

Post a Comment