Saturday, February 1, 2020

Miniature Swarovski Necklace & Jewelry Display Stand

The very lovely MissingWillow on Lettuce Craft came up with the most awesome idea for our Craft Stars Garage Sale Fundraiser.  She created a tiny curio cabinet, featuring the animal friends from Lettuce Craft, and asked the other moderators to create tiny versions of their favorite crafts to fill the cabinet with.  I made a teeny tiny necklace out of a Vintaj brass connector component, 2mm Swarovski crystal beads, a 5mm Swarovski butterfly, some tiny chain and the thinnest headpin I could find!  I used the headpin for the butterfly, then used the wire I cut off of it to make the two double ended eye pins for the tiny beads. 
The necklace stand is a few layers of cardstock glued together before being cut to shape.

I actually made a few other pieces of jewelry first, but wasn't very happy with them.  I sent them off to MissingWillow, so she could use them if she wanted, or she could put them into her stash for some future miniature she might make, or she could toss them.  I was honestly surprised they ended up in the finished Curio Cabinet!
 
Turquoise seed and Czech glass beads, and a tiny heart charm.

Glass seed beads and a green Swarovski crystal drop.

Ring made from a red glass seed bead and a single jump ring.

Ring next to the necklaces for scale. 
Here's the finished curio cabinet, featuring miniatures by many of my favorite Craftsters/Lettuce Crafters.  (Photos ruthlessly stolen from MissingWillow's awesome post on Lettuce Craft.)  I also crocheted the granny square rug underneath it.  My butterfly necklace is on the top shelf, along with a shrine by MissingWillow and a Mothman by PerfectlyBohemian.
The second shelf features a fairy shrine, steampunk assemblage and photo of MissingWillow's lambs, circus shrine & scrabble tile painting from racky, and Up embroidery by sweets4ever.
The third shelf holds some micro knitting by loves2esperiment, and Easter display by pottermouth, more of my jewelry bits, and a miniature folio by kittykill.  MissingWillow did the chunky house, pottery bowl, Harry Potter book, and mini LC cookies.
The site mascot, Chaircat Mao is featured prominently in a hat crocheted by her fur-mom, pottermouth.  She sits on a cross stitch pillow by kittykill, atop my crocheted rug.

No comments:

Post a Comment