Saturday, February 8, 2020

Scrappy Virus Afghan

This afghan has been over 2 years in the making!  I started it in September 2017, as a way to stash bust.  I had 6 skeins of Red Heart Boutique Unforgettable in Dragonfly and thought I might be able to make a nice little thrown with it.  I had already made a Virus Shawl, and had seen a few patterns floating around for the Virus Blanket version.  The woman who wrote the blanket pattern also has a video of how to make it on Youtube, so I just worked from that rather than buy the PDF. 
I started with the Dragonfly, planning to do the whole throw with it, but after 4 rounds of the 4 row pattern, I felt it was a bit dull, so I dug through my stash and found I had 1 full and 1 partial skein of Petunia, so I threw in a row of that.  Here it is laid out on a queen sized bed. 
This was one of those projects that got picked up and put down often, when other things came up.  So it was well over a year and a half into making it that I bumped into a skein of Gossamer on clearance at Joann's, and threw that into the mix too. 
In the end, I think it took either 5 or 6 skeins of Dragonfly (the main blue-green), 1.5 skeins of Petunia (pink-purple-burgundy), and 1 of Gossamer (the more rainbow band in the middle, that contains blue, green, purple, pink, gold and lime).  I haven't decided exactly what to do with it yet, but it might go to a friend in Japan who was recently married. 

No comments:

Post a Comment