Wednesday, March 4, 2020

D&D Convention Badge Holders

These badge holders have been on my To Make list for months now.  While browsing through Pinterest I saw the pattern come up from Kidgiddy on Etsy.  She designed them for quilting conventions, but I knew right away I had to make some for my husband to go to Gary Con, a Dungeons & Dragons Convention, this year.  He went last year and loved it, and even texted me from the event to say he definitely wanted to attend again. 
 
The inside features 2 zippered pockets.  I dug through my stash of mixed colored zippers and picked two that worked with the dungeon map and stone castle fabrics, all of which came from Spoonflower.  I figured the different colored zippers might also help when trying to remember which pocket you tucked the item you're looking for.
 
The back features a cell phone pocket, with room for a pen or pencil.  The whole thing is held closed with a pearl snap.
 
Since I was worried about trying out a new pattern with the specially ordered fabric, I made a practice one, for a friend of Jim's who will be coming over from Ireland for another D&D Con later in the year.
 
I was so thrilled to have finished these well in advance of the con at the end of March.  No last minute all-nighters!  Sadly Gary Con, like every other event right now, has just been cancelled.  So they will have to wait till Covid is under control or there is a vaccine in place for Jim to get to use them.

No comments:

Post a Comment