Sunday, March 15, 2020

Recycled Silk Tuck-Away-Tote

For my first quarter Fiber & Textile mod project on Lettuce Craft, I decided to run a Spring Greening Challenge.  The assignment was to craft an item that replaces a commonly used disposable version, such as dishcloths, cloth napkins, paperless-towels, etc. 
For my own contribution, I knew I wanted to make something out of a recycled yarn.  I dug through my stash and picked out a few cakes of Darn Good Yarn's silk blend sport weight yarn, in colorway Burgundy Blossom.  It's made from reclaimed sari silk and viscose. 
I searched Ravelry for a grocery tote pattern, and found this super cute Tuck-Away Tote pattern, that contains a pocket, that the tote can be folded up into!  You can easily tuck it away to carry in a purse or coat pocket. 
 The round pocket is positioned along the bottom of the tote.  I finished it off with a pewter Celtic button that I had in my stash. 
All tucked away, ready to go on a shopping trip.  ...whenever we're finally allowed to go out again!

No comments:

Post a Comment