Friday, May 8, 2020

Love One Another Prayer Flags

Before joining the Prayer Flag swap for the first time, I decided to make some practice flags for a few friends I was supposed to see in March.  Sadly our get together was cancelled, but I was able to send them their flags.  I made 8 of the same one. 

They were machine sewn onto the backing fabric, which was a dictionary page with definitions of the word Love on it.  The text was stamped onto muslin, then gone over with a sharpie since I was out of fabric markers and didn't want to order one during the pandemic.  The wooden heart buttons were also sewn on with my machine.  (Goodness I love my Viking!)  The fibers along the bottom are a mix of yarns and lace in my stash and some skeins pottermouth brought me on her way through in early March.  Each had the recipient name on the back, along with the song lyric that was stuck in my head while working on them. 

Come on people now
Smile on your brother
Everybody get together
Try to love one another
Right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment