Sunday, November 1, 2020

Illuminated Broom Machine Embroideries

 When I saw this pattern from Urban Threads I knew I had to stitch it, but had no idea for whom.  A week or so later a few friends and I decided in the spirit of the season, to hold our own mini Witchy Swap between us. After digging around online to make sure suitable hoops to display the work existed, I downloaded it and set to work.  I gave the recipients the choice of a finished hoop, or an unfinished piece of fabric, that they could work into a project of their own.  Two chose hoops, and one chose unfinished.

A lightly Hufflepuff inspired version, with a bright yellow swirl, and silver broom.

A subtle Gryffindor inspired rendition, with a deep red swirl and golden brown broom.

And one in the suggested colors of metallic gold swirl and white broom.  The recipient requested hers as a flat piece of embroidery, rather than a hoop, so she could incorporate it into another project in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment