Sunday, November 1, 2020

Witchy Candles

A few friends and I decided to do a witchy craft swap just among ourselves as a bit of fun during the pandemic.  As soon as the idea was put out there, I knew I wanted to make a batch of candles in various witchy themes.  Of course, I could only order wax in 1 lb, 10 lbs, or 50 lbs amounts.  Since I wanted to make more than 2-3 candles, I ordered 10 lbs.  The wax itself is GW 444 soy wax flakes from The Flaming Candle Company, and all of the fragrances came from there as well.  


The purple are Witches Brew fragrance oil (cinnamon, patchouli, vetiver, amber, balsam & cedarwood), embedded with amethyst stones, rose quartz stones, quartz crystals points, and rose petals.  Some were made in purple pint Ball jars, a recycled candle jar, and one in a yogurt jar.

The green are Good Witches Garden, scented with basil, sage & mint, and containing lavender buds, rose petals, and calendula petals. I used up more Oui yogurt jars and another jar from a previous candle.

The grey are Cauldron Fire, scented with campfire fragrance oil, and embedded with lavender, quartz crystal points, and rose quartz.

The creamy yellow ones are Nightshade, scented with tomato leaf, and embedded with quartz crystal points, carnelian stones, sprinkled with calendula, rose petals, and dried lemon peel. 


After all that, I had about 2 lbs of wax left, and the vendor had sent me a sample of White Tea & Ginger fragrance oil, so I decided to use the last of it up on one giant candle.  Many went to my swap friends, and the rest are in my stash for Christmas gifts.

No comments:

Post a Comment