Sunday, May 31, 2015

Where Would You Go?

Working on my Egyptian Adventure Charm Bracelet got me thinking about the other places I'd like to eventually travel.  So far I've created travel bracelets based on several places I've been, including London, Paris, and New York, but there are so many others I'd like to see.  And of those possible future trips, one stands out.  New Orleans during Mardi Gras.


While I wouldn't turn down a visit to New Orleans any time of year, the costume designer in me just can't resist the idea of all those amazing costumes covered in rhinestones, feathers, and elaborate headdresses.  Bedecked in that much fabulous, who wouldn't want to party?


I dug through my stash to come up with charms that represented the spirit of "laissez le bon temps rouler".  Music, masks, and mirth.  I found saxophones, trombones and trumpets to represent the city's jazz traditions; a multitude of masks; shrimp and champagne for the city's cuisine and celebratory nature; and fleur de lis for their French heritage.


The beads were an easy choice; the traditional colors of the Mardi Gras are purple for justice, gold for power and green for faith.


All in all, it's a lively bracelet and I hope I've done New Orleans and Mardi Gras justice.  Now to begin conjuring up my next dream trip.  Munich during Oktoberfest?  Venice for Carnival?  New Year's in Sydney Harbor?  La Tomatina in Spain?  While I'm sure I'd love throwing the tomatoes, I'm not sure I'd like to be washing them out of my clothes later...  What about you?  Where would you go?



No comments:

Post a Comment