Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Craftster Zippered Pouch Favors for Asheville Adventure

sheepBlue & I made favors for everyone who attended the Asheville Adventure Meetup.  The black canvas zippered pouches were purchased on Amazon, then I used my Silhouette Cameo to cut out the skull with scissors logo from silver glitter htv, and everyone's usernames from either teal or magenta htv. 

Each was filled with the custom swag we had printed up, including stickers, buttons, temporary tattoos, and pencils, along with gum, lip balm & Sharpies.  The pencils were a funny story.  I tried to order 'DIY-Do It Your Own Damn Self' on the black, 'Crafty Bitch' on the pink, and 'I run with scissors' on the silver.  Oriental Trading Company refused to print the words 'damn' or 'bitch', but said 'I run with scissors' was okay.  I switched the black pencils to read 'Asheville or Bust 2019', and the pink pencils to say 'Crafty like a fox'.  When the box arrived those ones were fine, but the silver pencils had a label that read 'I run with scissors', but the pencils themselves were covered in Bible quotes!  I'd love to see the look on the face of the church lady who ordered her bible verse, when she opened my pencils!  Thankfully they reprinted and sent the new ones right out. 

The stickers were printed from VistaPrint, and the buttons were done by an Etsy seller I've worked with in the past who is fast and pretty dang affordable.

sheepBlue did the awesome temporary tattoos, but sadly I didn't get a picture of one, or even get one of the tattoos themselves.  My pouch had been taken out of the box for the group to save space, and somehow I never grabbed one.  sheep, if you have a pic, could you post it below?

I didn't want the gentlemen who were joining us to feel left out, so they got favors too.  Reusable water bottles filled with a snack sized sleeve of pistachios, a small flashlight, a matching carabiner, a bundle of paracord, a tube of mint lip balm, a Sharpie, and one of the Asheville or Bust pencils.

No comments:

Post a Comment