Monday, May 20, 2019

Strawberry Rhubarb Pie Hot Pad


This little hot pad/trivet was made as an extra for PerfectlyBohemian in the Great British Bake Off Swap.  I saw a version of it, and decided I just had to make one.  I mean, come on, how cute is a little pie made of yarn?  I used a free pattern from Yarnspirations for the overall look and the lattices, but I wasn't thrilled with their 'pie filling', so instead I used a Youtube tutorial by One Dog Woof about how to crochet the bobble stitch in the round. 

When I had what I felt was a big enough filling, I just crocheted a plain circle for the back, making sure I had enough increases to end my final row with the same number of stitches I had in the pie filling.  (Mine came to 80.) Then I went back to following the Yarnspirations pattern, reducing the number of lattices per side to 6, sewing the lattice pieces in place, and then crocheting both layers together and adding the fluted border.  It came out adorable, but I'll warn you, don't make it unless you like weaving in ends!  So many ends!

No comments:

Post a Comment