Tuesday, June 16, 2020

Scrappy Cool Waters Quilt Top

This quilt top was created for my dear friend Edel in the Go Bananas Swap on Lettuce Craft.  When she & I were discussing the swap, we hit on the idea of making quilt tops for one another, as a way to stash bust, while also keeping postage costs down, since they would be smaller without batting and backing.  The pattern is called Cool Waters and came from an issue of Fons & Porter's Quilting Quickly from May & June of 2017.  It is intended for a jelly roll, using 40 2.5" strips.  Instead I used fabrics in my scrap stash in shades of turquoise, aqua, blue, purple, and pink, which Edel listed as some of her favorites.  Some of my strips were the width of fabric, while others were just 9".  I had enough to make the entire top, and one extra block, for Edel to make into a pillow to go with it.  There are bis of so many wedding and baby quilts in this scrappy wonder.  I love how it came out, and would do the pattern again in a heartbeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment