Thursday, June 25, 2020

The Neverending Klaziena Shawl

This project was a long time coming.  I started it on Christmas Eve, as a gift to myself, what with the news of Craftster closing and whatnot.  The pattern is called the Klaziena Shawl, by Kirsten Bishop, and it's free.  One of the nice things about the pattern is that it comes with options for making it as a triangle, or a rectangle shawl.
The yarn is Scheepjes Whirl in the color Green Tea Tipple.  I finished the last row with about 20" of yarn to spare!  I love when that happens.  While I am very happy with how it came out overall, it was a bit of a slog.  The repeat is about 12 rows long, and not easy to remember, so you really have to keep an eye on your pattern.  Plus the yarn is so thin and the hook so small (3.5mm) that it just takes forever.  If I were to make it again, I'd try it with a thicker yarn, and larger hook, and do one less repeat of the pattern.

No comments:

Post a Comment