Friday, June 26, 2020

Poppy Moon Pendant on Embellished Sari Silk Ribbon

I sent this off as a surprise to my friend sheepBlue on Lettuce Craft.  Since she received it today, I can share.  I made the focal piece at last year's Adornments Retreat.  The instructor, Candie Cooper, gave su collage sheets with images on them, so I'm not certain where this particular image is from.  The base is wood, which I painted white before layering on the sheer image.  Then I added the brass dragonfly and the flat back Swarovski crystals.  I painted the back a shimmery blue with some Jacquard Lumier paint that was in my stash, and then finished the whole thing with a coat of Diamond Glaze.
  
The image includes a crescent moon, and a faint face beside it, with a field of poppies in the foreground.  I used some Beadalon wire, and added a green glass and a Vintaj brass bead at the top, before wrapping the wire a few times around the beads.  From the bottom I suspended a Czech glass poppy bead, on a decorative headpin.
The whole piece is strong from some sari silk ribbon that I embellished with some tiny brass disks, seed beads, and a coppery orange thread.  The silk came from Monica of Mariposa Originals, whom I met at last year's retreat.  She kindly sent some lovely pick-me-up packages to jewelry making friends during the pandemic.  The brass disks came from the ever-awesome pottermouth on Lettuce Craft.  
I'm so glad that a piece I started nearly a year ago is now complete!  I love how it turned out, and think that the real inspiration to finish it, was imagining it for sheepBlue specifically, and pushing it more towards her individual style.  I love being inspired by my crafty friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment