Friday, January 11, 2019

Cream, Burgundy & Grey Woven Wall Hanging

As though I don't do enough crafts, I recently took it into my head to try weaving.  Since I wasn't sure if I would enjoy it or not, I didn't want to sink a ton of funds into a nice, serious loom, so I took advantage of a clearance sale Lion Brand was having on their Martha Stewart Weaver Loom.  I got one free, one on clearance for $10, and the extender kit from Amazon for $16.  Now I can put all three together to make a larger surface when I want to.  This was my first practice project.  Just a simple wall hanging, playing around with the tools.  I didn't follow any pattern, just making it up as I went along.


This was made from some yarns in my stash, and some my mom recently brought me.  Wool, wool-blend, and acrylics, all from my drawer of small scraps.  I'm looking forward to trying some different weaves and playing around with the scraps of beautiful silk sari yarns that are too beautiful to throw away, but too small to crochet with.


My only regret is that this didn't use up as much stash yarn as I hoped it would!  Guess I'll have to make some more.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment