Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Around The World in 80 Charms

One of my favorite things about Etsy is the ability to find local artists and craftspeople.  And for them to find me!  I was recently contacted by a woman who lives here in Nashville, who wanted a custom bracelet made to commemorate her world travels.  I told her I'd be more than happy to create one, and asked for a list of the places she wanted represented.  She sent me back a list of 30 countries including Egypt, Morocco, Spain, France, Germany, Switzerland, China, Laos, Cambodia, Japan, Thailand, Poland, Norway, Sweden, Denmark, the Netherlands, Greece, Italy, Turkey, Tanzania, England, India, and Nepal!  Talk about jealous.  I would love it if I was able to visit half the places she's been.


After explaining just how many charms could fit on a single bracelet, we narrowed down her list to her all time favorites, which was still 20 charms. They include a train, a lion for Africa, flamenco dancer for Spain, St. Peter's Basilica for Italy & the Vatican, Big Ben for England, an elephant for Thailand, Star of David for Israel...


the Eiffel Tower for France, Asian dragon, Parthenon for Greece, whirling dervish for Turkey, sampan for China, passport, Great Pyramid for Egypt, coo coo clock for Switzerland...


the Taj Mahal for India, windmill for the Netherlands, a camel, beer stein for Germany, plane, and Buddha for Laos, Cambodia & Thailand.  Due to the large number of charms, there are fewer bead pins than I usually use.  They are a mix of Czech glass in shades of warm sand, rich amber, jet black and crystal clear.  



I'm thrilled with how it came out, and hope the customer enjoys wearing it as much as I enjoyed making it.  




No comments:

Post a Comment